Vitamin D3 2,000 IU
Vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin, is really a hormone but categorized as a vitamin. The role of Vitamin D in helping to maintain bone density and strength is clear - it is required for the process of moving calcium through the intestinal wall into the bloodstream.*
Deficiency of vitamin D is associated with the diseases rickets in children (bone deformities), as well as osteomalacia
in adults (poor bone mineralization leading to weak, painful bones).
It is estimated that as much as 40% of the U.S. population is vitamin D deficient.
The human body can manufacture
Vitamin D under ideal circumstances. It is able to synthesize pre-vitamin D3 in the skin when exposed
to sunlight. The pre-vitamin D3 is rapidly converted into vitamin D3.
Vitamin D3 is then transported through the blood to the liver and
kidney where it is converted into the hormone calcitriol, the active
form of vitamin D.
Numerous factors influence the skin’s synthesis of pre-vitamin D3
including, location, climate, sun exposure, skin color, age and use of
Only a few foods naturally contain vitamin D including fatty fish and
cod liver oil. Fortified foods such as milk and cereal are the major
dietary sources of vitamin D.
When all of the factors that influence vitamin D synthesis
are combined with the existing widespread deficiency, vitamin D
supplementation is the most efficient and convenient way to ensure
optimal vitamin D intake.*
• Higher dosage for those individuals lacking vitamin D in their diet
• Vitamin D is essential for calcium and phosphorus absorption and utilization.*
• Stimulates the synthesis of osteocalcin, an important protein involved in bone formation.*
• Helps maintain adequate blood calcium levels which help support cellular metabolic processes and neuromuscular function.*
• Vitamin D is important for normal, healthy cell growth and function.*
• Helps support normal, healthy insulin secretion as blood sugar disorders are more prevalent in individuals with low blood levels of vitamin D.*
• Vitamin D helps support healthy immune function.*
• Studies show vitamin D helps support a healthy response to inflammation by helping to support normal, healthy levels of c-reactive protein; levels of which reflect systemic inflammation.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
HIGHEST, PUREST, QUALITY INGREDIENTS
Contains no sugar, salt, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Quality and potency guaranteed.
Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.
Keep out of reach of children.
As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) softgel daily, or as directed by a health care professional.